Christian McDermottCountry Manager
2:10 PM How simulation will solve the decades-old challenges of training in downstream field operations
Companies operating in high–risk, hazardous environments have been trying to solve training issues in Field Operations for decades. It is challenging because:
• The aging workforce: skilled, experienced employees are leaving
• Competency problem: new, inexperienced workers are filling the gap
• Workforce mobility: churn rate impacts knowledge capture and transfer
• Challenges with on-the-job-training
• Whether or not you have correctly written procedures, in digital format or printed out, it does not solve the old training challenge: how do I teach this so that you retain it?
• Standardization of training material and delivery across the organization
For many, the solution is simulation: bringing the field into the classroom environment. Training is a crucial, if not the most important, part of Operational Excellence in field operations.
Simulation is the key to success but we will present a new form of simulation that boosts productivity and supports the entire lifecycle of field operators: training, planning and executing procedures.
Enhanced Reality will solve these decades-old training challenges.