Sr. Director, Health & Safety
• What are we doing differently since Texas City, Macondo, Space Shuttle Columbia?
• Review of how inadequate ‘learning from incidents’ processes have been identified as contributory factors in major accidents
• What is holding us back from learning from incidents?
• Understanding the human and organizational factor causes of an incident through appropriate investigation approaches
• Using multiple opportunities for learning to optimize changes that lead to a lower risk work environment
• Getting leaders to involve leaders in incident management – the critical role of front line supervision
• Implementing effective learning - and changing practices for the long haul